This position oversees the day-to-day operation of a department while ensuring Safety, cGMP, production efficiencies are optimized to meet scheduling demands. Person may focus their areas in one of 3 areas (Manufacturing, Packaging, Warehouse) depending on their individual skill set and organizational needs.
Supervise crews in the safe, efficient and cGMP operation of all equipment to assure that production goals are met following applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Safety procedures industry best practices. Required to coach, train and develop team members on equipment functions and ensure that product quality specifications are met. Person will be tasked to think strategically with other supervisors to identify and address opportunities for improvement.
This position is considered ‘hands on’ and most time will be spent on the production floor supporting the operation. Technical working knowledge of equipment is required so they can recognize, correct and develop corrective actions both immediately and systematically.
This position will be responsible for the administration of the department staff including shift scheduling, review and approval of employee timesheets, employee performance reviews, disciplinary reviews and other activities related to employee maintenance.
This position will be required to set and achieve production goals in line with the Company’s guidelines and will work closely with other departments to meet productivity targets.
Required Education and Experience:
Minimum of 2 years in a leadership role in a production environment. Post-Secondary education is not required, but strongly desired.
This position requires the ability to read, understand and communicate directions given in English in written, oral or diagram form. This position requires strong mathematical skills. Language requirements: Must read, write and speak English. Bi-lingual (Spanish) not required, but a strong plus.
This position requires computer and data entry skills and familiarity with standard business-related software (MSWord, MSExcel, MSOutlook). The position requires the ability to learn and use SAP R/3 inventory and accounting software. Frequent email communication and report-writing is a must.
- Resource Allocation – includes management of people, schedules & machines to optimize the operation and meet the demands of cGMP, Safety, Maintenance and PTO. Supports order fulfillment (OTIF) while maximizing labor and machine efficiencies.
- Technical Ability – includes ability to understand the technology of their department’s equipment, processes and SOPs. This involves both theoretical understanding and practical experience. This can include but not limited to equipment in manufacturing, packaging and engineering. Software applications such as SAP are relevant.
- Process Improvement – basic knowledge and execution of continuous improvement skills such as Lean, 5S, HACCP and problem-solving techniques,
- Quality – knowledge, practice and execution of cGMP and GDP skills,
- Safety – understands, leads and executes safety concepts. Includes ongoing education, skills refinement and execution of safety related activities.
- Supervisory Responsibility:
- This person reports to the production manager and is expected to work with limited supervision. This position directly supervises all the employees within the assigned department including line leads, line personnel, janitorial and administrative staff. This position may also indirectly supervise some employees who come in contact with the department including QA/QC personnel, Company drivers and Receiving Department employees in the absence of other available supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 30 pounds.
Minimal travel of less than 10% may be required to visit customers, vendors or offsite training based on business needs.
Typically, an employee performs 80% of essential responsibilities to qualify for classification in this position. Variations may occur at the Company's discretion. The Company will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations to an individual with disabilities.