Natrol is seeking a strategic and entrepreneurial Associate Brand Manager (ABM) to join our marketing team. The ABM will help develop and execute marketing plans and programs to achieve short and long-term business objectives. This will include brand initiatives, marketing communications, innovation, and the day-to-day business activity and management of the Natrol brand and key product segments.
This role works closely with external agency partners in development of omni-channel marketing campaigns and media strategies, from planning to implementation, and with internal cross-functional partners including sales, customer marketing, operations, R&D and finance.
REPORTS TO: Brand Manager
- Support the development and successful implementation of the Natrol brand vision and product segment strategies and initiatives.
- Help develop and execute the annual brand marketing plan, including integrated marketing communications, consumer and in-store promotional programs.
- Identify key business drivers and opportunities, analyzing and reporting on category/competitive trends and brand performance using internal data, 3rd party research and syndicated data (i.e. Nielsen) to generate key business insights and recommend actions.
- Work with Customer Marketing and Field Sales to provide marketing plan updates, business insights and other support as needed.
- Partner with agencies and internal teams to help develop highly creative and cost-efficient campaigns.
- Assist with initiatives including but not limited to development of creative assets, content, market research, website maintenance and optimization, etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage projects on time and on budget and demonstrate decision-making abilities around investment alternatives that mitigate risk and maximize return.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred w/emphasis in marketing
- 1-3 years of brand management experience in consumer packaged goods. Experience in health and wellness a plus.
- Experience implementing marketing programs and reporting results
- Experience with P&Ls, budgeting, forecasting and business reporting
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and external agencies
- Knowledge of brick and mortar as well as online retail environments
- Strong creative writing skills. Experience writing packaging and other marketing copy highly desired
- Experience with Nielsen (or IRI) and other syndicated and secondary research tools
- Passionate brand champion and consumer advocate
- Strong analytics with a track record of data-based decision making.
- Attentive to detail while being able to see the big picture.
- Excellent oral and written communicator; engaging and confident presenter
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and able to provide initiative and structure when needed to drive to tangible results
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to shifting business needs
- Enjoys collaborating with teammates and subject matter experts at all levels throughout the organization
- Able to multi-task, keeping various long-term projects on track while completing daily/weekly tasks
- Must possess a hunger for learning, an entrepreneurial mindset and be a self-starter with a strong drive to generate results
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time working on a computer, perform moderate lifting (up to 45 lbs) and be able to walk up and down stairs. Minimal travel required.
- Minimal travel – for Sales support, research or trade shows, as necessary (less than 10%).
Typically, an employee performs 80% of essential responsibilities to qualify for classification in this position. Variations may occur at the Company's discretion. The Company will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations to an individual with disabilities.