The Category Management Analyst is part of the internal sales department and will lead the development of VMS sales/business analytics projects and processes translating key learnings into actionable insights that will optimize and grow the business. This position reports directly to the Sr Manager of Sales Analytics.
- Provide fact-based actionable category insights and trends for Field Sales in order to drive incremental sales at the customer level.
- Perform 4P (Product, Pricing, Promotion, Placement) opportunity analysis at the customer level utilizing Nielsen / retailer POS data. IE. ACV revenue growth opportunities; data mining at the segment and SKU levels.
- Act as a market intelligence provider regarding new categories and retailer trends; anticipate strategic opportunities and inform key stakeholders.
- Develop a monthly standardized category review template for Field Sales highlighting KPI’s in segment and category performance.
- Assist in supporting Field Sales and Customer Marketing with the annual customer planning process.
- Cultivate and maintain the relationship with the 3rd party syndicated data provider (Nielsen) ensuring data integrity against internal sales data variances.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis in support of the Sales Department.
- Special projects in support of the Natrol commercial teams.
Communication and Interface:
- Communication and interface required with Field Sales, Customer Marketing, Sales Operations, Brand Marketing and Finance as noted in the above key responsibilities. This position requires interactive collaboration across the organization.
Required education and experience:
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in CPG/health and wellness or other fast-moving consumer-oriented categories, primarily in Category Management.
- Advanced Nielsen/IRI syndicated data skills.
- Proficient in retailer analytics systems is a plus (Market6, KeHE Retailer Portal, etc.).
- Proven track record of business analytics leading to strategic recommendations that optimize a business.
- Project management skills with a bias for results.
- A self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously.
- Advanced Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Knowledgeable to manipulate and extract information from internal software programs (i.e. SAP) is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience.
- Delivering results
- Analysis and problem solving
- Judgement to consistently develop correct plan
- Working well with others
- Communication skills
- *Managing and developing personnel
- *Strategic skills
- *Financial acumen
- *Functional Mastery
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 30 pounds.
Typically, an employee performs 80% of essential responsibilities to qualify for classification in this position. Variations may occur at the Company's discretion. The Company will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations to an individual with disabilities.